It is all in my head

Posted by Jess at 11:15 AM

Monday, August 25, 2008

Andy and I moved into our new home the first weekend of August and we are enjoying learning about it and our new surroundings. I am in the midst of a difficult job search that I did not anticipate to take this long. I have only had two interviews despite the 15-20 jobs that I have applied for. I do not envy those who have filled out multiple school applications. I completed one for a school social work position and it took hours!

My first interview was very strange. It started off with a female who appeared about my age and who did not even tell what her title was saying to me, " I had a picture in my head of what you would look like from talking to you on the phone and you do not look anything like that." I am unsure if that was good or not. My second interview with another company went better, but I sill still have to go in for another interview, when they call me.

Things I love about Chattanooga:

Walking across the pedestrian bridge, downtown and Coolidge Park
Being surrounded by mountains
Having a grocery store minutes away
The backyard
Wrigley's new habit of collecting sticks on the back deck
Watching O'Malley and Wrigley chase each other
Clumpies Ice cream
How fast Andy can get home from work
I am looking forward to shopping once I have a job! There are so many options!

I can't wait to add more things to the list as we explore more. Right now we are sticking pretty close the the house and giving it our personal touches. I can't wait until we put some paint on the walls.

1 comments:

Beccalynn said...

I'm finally getting it! Both you and Andy post...and it says at the top who posted it!!! I was commenting on all these entries and thinking, I wonder which one will read it? And now I get it. My blog only has ME writing on it! I couldnt' get Dave to write on it if I tried! ha ha!!!
Yeah, I've filled out MULTIPLE school applications and it pretty much stinks...but PA is good in that it has a standard app for the whole state so except for private schools I applied to, or the job I currently have which is in MD, I just filled out one and copied it and sent it to all of them! So, are y'all in Tennessee now? I really miss you!